For the health and safety of our guests and staff, WRITTEN PROOF of the following vaccinations is required from all dog and cat owners prior to check-in. In the event the owner fails to bring vaccinations on or prior to the check-in date, Countryside Kennel will be obligated to call their vet and as such, the owner will be liable to pay a $2.00 charge. All vet records will be kept on file until expired.
Written proof of vaccinations can be given to us:
- In-person on or prior to check-in date (have them ready when you walk in the door!)
- Email of certified vet records either by the vet or owner (info [snail] countrysidekennel [period] ca)
- Email a picture of certified vet records to info [snail] countrysidekennel [period] ca
Please check your pet's vaccination records for the following as these are a REQUIREMENT for boarding a t Countryside Kennel:
- DH2PP (booster)
- Bordetella (Canine Cough - see below)
Please Note: Many Veterinarians administer the Bordetella (Canine Cough) vaccine by request only.
Bordetella (Canine Cough) Information
What is it?
- A highly contagious respiratory virus among dogs which is easily spread through the air. It is found throughout the world and is known to infect a high percentage of dogs at least once during their lifetime. The risk is higher where dogs are in confined areas with other dogs, which is including but not limited to dog parks, kennels, etc.
Who is susceptible to canine cough?
- Young puppies often suffer the most severe complications from this virus as their immune systems are immature. Also there is an increased risk for older dogs, pregnant females and dogs with pre-existing respiratory diseases.
What are the symptoms?
- Persistent cough is the most common
- Watery nasal discharge
- In mild cases dogs are active and eat normally
- In severe cases, symptom progression may result in pneumonia, in appetence, fever, and lethargy if untreated.